- Genre rules don't always apply - you're limited only by your imagination.
- Sometimes literary and commercial are one in the same.
- I can let loose my inner teen.
- Hot bad boys! What?
- No fear. YA writers go for the gusto. They take risks that adult writers don't always take both in craft and in subject matter.
- Reaching readers of all ages. YA spans a multi-generational audience.
- Fantasy is mainstream, more easily accepted by YA readers. Just look what Harry Potter and Twilight have done for the genre.
- The characters are easy to connect with. YA tends to be very character driven, which I love.
- There are so many GOOD YA books out there, I know the quality of what I'm picking up is likely to be high.
- YA writers are the friendliest most frawesome group of people I know.
What do you love about YA?
*No offense to any MG or adult writers out there. But I gotta show my genre love. ;D