Los Angeles County obviously has things under control for the coming zombie Apocalypse. But do YOU? Frankly I think writers are liable to be the most prepared in any strange situation. I mean our lives are about preparedness right? Sometimes we're so prepared that we sit there refreshing our email for hours on end. Or in my case my computer does it for me. :D We have to be prepared for any of the following emergency situations:
- Rejection - we have lots of chocolate on hand
- Acceptance - we have ladders at the ready to scream from the rooftops
- The WIP isn't working - coffee or tea, chocolate, and all the notes, research, and writing exercises you've collected to get those juices flowing.
- You meet Dream Agent/Editor at a conference - you have your elevator pitch memorized forwards, backwards, and in seven different languages.
- You receive an editorial letter - you have an oxygen machine at the ready, a stack of chocolate, and a pot of coffee. You know the protocol involves putting it aside to let it sink in, and giving yourself the time you need to address all the issues.
- Scathing reviews - more chocolate & a padded room for PRIVATE venting if you must
- Positive reviews - A computer or smart phone on hand to tweet and post
Did I miss any writer emergencies? Have you noticed the one essential tool every one of us should have? No not a towel, though as Ford Prefect would profess it can come in handy. CHOCOLATE.
BTW, I really DID see this car. This is an actual picture from my Iphone. Should I be worried? Good thing I have lots of chocolate...