Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday Madness - Jemi Fraser!

Before we begin I have to thank all of you who helped in the fight against breast cancer! The winner of a book and critique is BEKAH! And the choice of book or critique goes to SLUSHPILE SLUT! God I love that name. Congrats to both of you.

Today's Monday Madness features the incomparable Jemi Fraser!! Jemi is one of those awesome bloggers that everyone should know. She's fun, kind, and never fails to be a friend. Here's what she said about herself:

I'm a mom of 2 young adults, wife, Canadian daughter of Scottish immigrants. I'm a teacher and overly obsessed with my job. I've taught all kinds of kids at all kinds of grade levels, including kids with extreme social and behavioural needs. I'm the only sci fi/fantasy lover in my family - always have been. I'm the only dreamer in a family of practical folks. I'm a total sap with movies and books - get way too emotionally involved with them and with my friends and kids at school. :) I'm an animal lover and tree hugger and an eternal optimist. I'm calm unless my kids are threatened. I'm not a fan of conflict - I'm always the mediator and the peace maker. I've been writing for myself on and off for years, but only seriously for a couple. I love happy endings and have a hard time keeping my characters in trouble. Phew!

Well, this one's a given. Jemi is an ANGEL. What else could she be???

30 comments:

  1. Jemi sounds so interesting and friendly. Thanks for sharing yourself with us!

    Oh, and congrats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salarsen - She is!! You definitely have to check out her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Def an interesting person here! I am going to check out her blog now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm checking out the books...VERY excited to win : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. She does sound like an angel! And a fabulous person to boot. Why don't I know this lady yet?! Thank you for introducing her to us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather - Wow! I am absolutely flabbergasted that so many people don't know Jemi yet!! I'm so glad I introduced her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cyber wave to Jemi and Lisa. It's always nice to drop in for a visit here. I keep meeting such wonderful people. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lee - And I always love when you visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa - you're such a sweetie!!! (I actually snorted out my tea at this! :))

    Hi everyone! So nice to meet some new friends today!! I'll pop over to everyone's blogs after I feed the ravaging hordes!

    Thanks again Lisa - what a great thing to come home to on a Monday! You're a doll! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jemi - sorry about your tea! :D I'm really glad I could make your Monday though!! And make some introductions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jemi is also very supportive in the writing community. Whenever she reads a short story I've written, she always leaves lovely comments.

    We share the peacekeeping trait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep, Jemi is an absolute angel. Love her!

    Big congrats to Bekah and Slushpile Slut. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julie - You're pretty angelic yourself you know.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You guys are the best! Any time I need a boost, I'm coming back here :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Squeee! So sorry I'm a little late to the party!! Cool beans! I've been unplugging from the internet lately in order to get some work done... So excited to win :) Going to check out Jemi's blog right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Slut - Yeah!! Congrats! And I know you'll love Jemi!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww, I love Jemi! :) She's such a friendly blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jemi is awesome...and she has a real talent for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey, I'm a teacher who love sci fi! We should be friends. I'm heading right over to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's always nice to read more about our fellow bloggers. Jemi also takes some very beautiful pictures so be sure to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Notes - wow! so many writers that are also great photographers. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow - you folks are AMAZING!!! I've been buried in work, NaNo and some family medical stuff the last few days (which turned out to be okay - phew!) so I haven't popped by. Thanks Lisa and everyone else! You're awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I agree Jemi is an angel. All teachers are.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awwww - thanks Stephen - you're so sweet!!

    And so are you Lisa - What an amazing experience it was getting paranormalled! :)

    ReplyDelete