Monday, November 18, 2013

Spread the Love

I'm switching gears since Thanksgiving is next week. I want to take time out to say thank you because I'm so grateful to so many of you. I know I'll forget people, I have trouble with that sort of thing and I don't want to leave anyone out. But I do have a few extra special people I want to give a virtual hug to. 

But I want to spread the love! So here's the deal - leave a comment anytime this week or next and let me know who you're thankful for, their email/website, and a short reason why and I will pick a couple of these awesome peeps and give them a book or critique (you may want to specify what you think they'd like), letting them know it was YOU behind the whole thing. 

Why not do something nice for someone?

So next week (turkey week) I will be doing one short post per weekday about people I'm thankful for. I hope you'll go say hello to some of these folks because they are awesome. Trust me on that! And if I don't *feature* you, it doesn't mean I don't appreciate you. Let me know who else in the blogosphere you appreciate and I'll help share the love. 

Because supporting each other is one of the best parts of being a writer!

7 comments:

  1. Why am I just realizing next week is Thanksgiving!!! Having a minor moment of stress.

    Okay, thankful. There are so many bloggers I'm thankful for, but I really enjoy Jaybird and Morgan Shamy's posts. Always written from the heart and make me smile. Do you need their links? If so, I'll send.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing is never easy but the blogosphere support makes it a bit more so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so sweet! Such a fantastic idea. I'm not entering. Just wanted to tell you. Being thankful always perpetuates more gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea. And so sweet. I don't need to enter the contest either. I'm grateful to all the friends I've made like you through blogging, my family, and my sweet puppy. Even though I'll be going through a challenging time next year with my upcoming layoff as my company closes, I realize how much I have to be grateful for. It's always good to remember this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! I'm grateful to my friend and CP Tanya, (http://www.tanyareimer.blogspot.com/) because she understands and accepts me better than my own family sometimes. I'd think she be happy with either a book or a critique. Thanks for this chance for a public shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, first of all, I'm thankful for YOU! Your critiques/beta reads help me so much.

    And of course I'm thankful to our dear friend LESLIE ROSE!! You each catch different stuff when you read my work, which is awesome. Plus you guys are funny.

    I'm also thankful for Morgan Shamy, who I feel is like a kindred spirit. Her posts always reach for my heart.

    Oh, and Michele Shaw, who has also beta read for me. And her poetry is insanely good.

    I could go on and on and on...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is such a sweet idea.
    I'm grateful for a lot of people but not all of them are writers. I'm grateful I met my CP and friend Barbara Watson (http://barbaraannwatson.blogspot.com/). She probably has no idea how special she is to me.
    I think she would love a book. She has a thing for hardcover historical middle grade books. :D

    ReplyDelete