Monday, January 18, 2010

I'll Take One of Everything!

People often ask me what is it that Supers eat? I know, some things seem fairly obvious. Vampires need blood for example. But the truth is that aside from these basic needs they can eat whatever they want. That is why Supers are so often seen dining in public restaurants.

Let's take my friend - we'll call him "Gary" for purposes of anonymity - for example. He is a goblin. He's often teased by his own kind because of his vegetarianism.

"Meat, especially raw meat, makes my stomach curdle. But, give me an avocado and hummus with extra sprouts on whole grain bread and I'll be in seventh heaven." (I'm sure you can see why Gary prefers not to be mentioned by his real name).

On the other hand, it is widely believed that faeries are overwhelmingly vegans. On the contrary, they may love and even control nature to some extent, but they also have a healthy respect for the food chain. Perhaps it is their own sometimes animalistic abandon that lends to this affinity for carnivorous choices. I know one faerie who loves to order double cheeseburgers in front of her friends while flaunting her size two body. I believe many eating disorders start this way.

So next time you are eating out or even in a supermarket, look around. Search for the tell-tale signs and don't be discouraged if he's eating a hot fudge brownie sundae, he still just might be a vampire.

4 comments:

  1. This is a great idea for your blog. Very interesting and should keep followers coming back for more! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracey! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'll be looking at the people who frequent the health food store in a very different way.

    ReplyDelete