Tuesday, February 15, 2011

BIG NEWS!


Yes, I know I never post on Tuesday but this is important!

PLAYTHINGS OF THE GODS an E-book anthology from Drollerie Press is being released today! (Buy it here) And why all the exclamation marks you ask? Because it includes a story by yours truly entitled, CURSED.

The book is a collection of re-tellings of Greek Myths for YA. Mine is based off the story of Cassandra and Agamemnon.

AND SINCE I LIKE TO SHARE WITH YOU WHEN I HAVE GOOD NEWS I'm having a contest!! You can win your very own copy of this E-book!! I'd sign it but uh, I doubt you want me coming over to write on your computer or e-reader... So instead, I'll throw in a critique of up to 10 pages!

Fine, no more exclamation points I promise. Just fill in the form below to enter, and be a friend and help me spread the word. You will need to comment as well telling me why you want to win. And also because I get lonely and like it when you say hi. :D

This contest will be open through Wednesday February 23 (which happens to be my birthday for all those inquiring minds out there) and I will announce the winner on my blog Thursday February 24.

19 comments:

  1. Congrats on the story! Thanks for the giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Marion Zimmer Bradley's book about Cassandra (Firebrand) so I am esp. intrigued about your story! Of course I hope I win but I'll plan to buy it if I don't!

    Btw, thank you for your encouraging/frightening comment! All the recent comments have helped - buckled down last night and wrote 1000 words. That's incredible for me for a Monday night

    ReplyDelete
  3. The entry form is giving me fits - my computer hates me today.

    ANYWAY. It's so funny - I was just looking at Drollerie Press yesterday (looking for small publishers that might tackle MG - Drollerie seemed more YA and on the darkish side)! Congrats on the publication!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *happy dance* This is soooo exciting. No need to enter me in the contest because I have my very own copy. Yipee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fun! I would love to read that collection because I've always loved mythology, since I was a kid. I'd love to see a YA take on some of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to win because I want to read your story! Of course! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the support!! Keep those comments coming!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Lisa! What a great early birthday present for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't enter. :( I don't have an ereader. *sniffles* I would love to read your story and will have to find someone who has an ereader I can borrow! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, Lisa! I love mythology and YA, so can't wait to read your story. Enjoy your celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I can't wait to read "Cursed." I love myths and their spin-offs and was wishing for more. If I win, I'll probably give the anthology to my teenage friend who is also a lover of mythology. Then I'll buy myself a copy. We can read an e-book on the computer, can't we?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes you guys! You can read it on a computer as a pdf file if that's what you choose! :D That's what my own copy looks like, FYI. Keep those comments coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love Greek mythology and retellings so this sounds like something that's right up my alley *__* The first "real" story I ever wrote was in third grade and it was a retelling of Persephone lol.

    ALSO, HELLO!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats and ::squeeeeee::!!!! Oh and btw, hi! ;) LOL I'm totes excited and hope I win! This'll be a +1 in addition to all the other boxes checked above. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yes and because I can't read directions...I'm posting again. #durmoment I want to win BECAUSE I totes love everything about Greek mythology! Everything about it fascinates me. Okay, enough dorky and on to (hopefully) winning! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I found you via Ani's blog/tweet. :) Would love to with this because I adore mythology in all forms. This anthology sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. CONGRATULATIONS, Lisa. I'm with Julie, not entering the contest - buying it immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe I missed this - my life has been crazy chaos lately!!! Sorry my congratulations are so late! Can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats, Lisa! I know I'm all late but this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete