Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday Madness: Veronica Roth

VERONICA ROTH

What is she anyway?? She's a very cool blogger. I know that. So check her out. She's a writer. According to her bio she's also "a Christian. And a graduate of Northwestern University. And a Chicago-suburb resident. And a nerd. And a tea enthusiast. And..."

AND WHAT???

Well, I guess that's my job. So, I did a little digging. One post I particularly liked a couple of weeks back on her blog was a recommendation for the book SHIVER which is what prompted me to read it. (It had been sitting on my desk waiting). In that post she also mentioned how she cries. A lot. After finishing a good book or even a movie because she's so sad that it is over. She went on to describe how she connected with the characters in the book. She's obviously very sensitive. So naturally, I started thinking Deanna Troy from Star Trek: The Next Generation. YES I AM ONE OF THOSE NERDS SO GET OVER IT!

Ahem. Therefore I say Veronica is an EMPATH. She feels others' emotions. We could all take a lesson in that.

So, Veronica - what happens when you walk into a room full of writers? Yikes!


14 comments:

  1. Ha, I'm also a TNG nerd, so I can't judge. :-) I think we could use more empaths in the world - it would probably mean a lot less anger and fighting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna - Whew! If someone as cool as you loves TNG I feel better

    ReplyDelete
  3. An Empath, wow, you are good at this. And hey, don't feel bad, I watched Star Trek too!

    The new look is very interesting... I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather - thanks! I thought it might be time for an update...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I'm an EMPATH and didn't know it. (love that word) When a good book makes me feel what the characters feel I enjoy it so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catherine - I think it might just be a side effect of being a writer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have one rule: always have Kleenex at the ready. Maybe we should start an Empath inner circle to share our teary book moments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not a bad idea! Except what if we're all a mess and we only magnify each others problems??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa, I like your new blog look! Very cool. Such a fun post about Veronica. I'm heading over to her blog right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie - glad you stopped by! And thanks for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let the empaths unite! The best books make us feel, in my opinion. Thanks for the fun, entertaining post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Roxy - thank YOU for stopping by and commenting! Yes, being empathic is important when writing.

    ReplyDelete