- I just got another rejection
- I can't put a decent word on this page
- No one will care if I give up
- No one wants my dystopian vampire novel
Boy I'm depressed just making those up! So let's look at
- This one was personal and had some really good tips OR I'm ready to send out the next batch of queries OR Every writer gets rejected, but maybe there's something I can do to improve this query/manuscript OR This means I get chocolate!
- I've put words on the page! OR I can always revise later, no one's ever gotten it right on the first try.
- I have a whole community of helpful and supportive friends who are going through the same things I am OR I can't ever succeed if I don't try OR I won't be happy unless I write, so I'm going to go write something!
- I'm going to put a new spin on an old concept/genre OR This was a great try, I'm going to start work on a new novel and put this one away for a while OR Before I write the next book, I'm going to do some research to verify it's a marketable concept.
I guess what I'm trying to say here is that there are a million ways to look at any one thing, and it's up to YOU to decide whether to take it as defeat, or to embrace it as a helpful step of learning on the way to success.