I am thrilled to present my contribution to the DAMNED book tour - the second in the CRUSADE series from New York Times best selling authors Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie. Hang around because at the end of this post are details about how YOU can win an ARC of DAMNED. My own vampire did a review of the first book, but this time Antonio *coughs hot* himself has come to visit. And talk about conflicted, Antonio is a vampire, but he is also studying to be a priest.
1. Welcome, Antonio. Let's get right to it. Is it difficult being a vampire?
Si. It is the most difficult thing in the world. I have to struggle every moment to not forget myself, to not let the demon out. I have prayed countless times to have this curse lifted from me and one day I believe God will answer and will save me.
2. Is it really a vampire’s nature to be evil?
Absolutely evil, por supuesto. We are called the Cursed Ones for a reason. Twice I have fallen prey to the darkness of my nature, and when I was in the grip of the bloodlust, there was no impulse inside me to be good. None. I reveled in my inhumanity. I murdered innocent people, and I relished their torment.
3. *shifts uneasily* What do you think of the romanticized version of vampires in today’s teen literature?
I think they are dangerous because girls like Jenn believe that they can love a monster like me and it will turn out with a happy ending. At the same time I wish it was like those stories. I’m grateful that God blessed me with the calling to become a priest. My vow of chastity creates a boundary between Jenn and me.
4. If you had one wish, what would it be?To destroy the vampire scurge and free the earth from bondage. If I could have a second wish, it would be to live as a human man again. But first, humanity must be free of this horrible curse.
5. What do you hope people will get out of reading this blog?
I hope that more people will join our cause. The time has come to fight. No matter how afraid you are, how isolated, or how insignificant you feel, nothing could be farther from the truth. It only takes one person to make a stand and change lives forever. Por favor, join the Crusade.
6. How do you feel about Nancy and Debbie, considering what they are putting you through? Do you have a message for them?
I wish they would let Jenn be free of her feelings for me and the fear she feels for her family. I would suffer any and all cruelties, humiliations, and punishments at the señoras’ hands if they would only free Jenn to love and fight and be everything Father Juan and I know she can be.
Very selfless of you, Antonio. Thank you for joining us and spreading the word.
And now to the contest! Just leave a comment below in support of Antonio with your email address so I can contact the winner. If you blog or tweet about it leave a link. I'll give you an extra entry for each one up to five! Oh and since the ARC is courtesy of Simon and Schuster, the contest is open internationally! Yay! That's it. Good luck.I'll post the winner next Thursday.
Check out the other stops on the DAMNED book tour here.